Monday, June 23, 2008

Once again, I am blogging about my dog.

First, Alice would like everyone to note that she does her fair share in taking care of the puppy, and it is true. The only time the dog is 100% my problem is at night and recently the dog has taken to jumping on me and before I am awake nough to put her back in her hole, she is over licking Alice's face. She usually does this at 2 and then again at 4. Last week we took our dog to the vet to get her the last of her shots and get her fixed. Here is another amusing fact about dogs. It cost nearly $175 to get her fixed. In the states I know at least 3 clinics that do it for free. Now, to be honest I don't know if it is free for everyone, but I know I wouldn't have to pay cause I know the people that do the operation. With all the street dogs here I am suprised there are no groups working on this problem, no shelters, no animal control. During training we get the pre-exposure rabies shots and if we get bit by a dog the advice we get is to watch the dog and if it acts funny, get the post-exposure shots. In other words, if a street dog bites you, there is no follow up. The cops aren't going to come, there is no report to file, and there is no animal control to pick up dangerous dogs. Just, you know, keep an eye on it. The national government is currently doing a campaign to vaccinate all dogs, but the problem is, someone has to take the dog to the place where they are giving the shots, so if it is a family that doesn't care, even free shots aren't going to matter. Animals as a whole amuse me to no end in this country. We regularly are on buses that stop and wait from random livestock to cross the highway. The funny part is it is never a herd of cattle, or something you would expect to see in rural Kansas. It is always something like a single chiken, a mule, or a small child.

More later, As you can all probably tell, my website is not up yet, but there have been some delays that were not (entirely) my fault.

3 comments:

Alice Cat said...

Ya.....and since she has a plastic cone on her head right now so she won't scratch at her stitches, when she jumps on the bed at night and runs into everything it is more of a messy attack than anything. Oh, but we'd be so bored without that crazy pup!!

Saint Facetious said...

I like how you consider a random child as livestock. lol.

Executive Hippie said...

I am glad someone noticed that. Small children have a lot in common with livestock.