Sunday, August 26, 2007

It has been a good weekend.




This week has been pretty busy for both Alice and myself. Alice Met with a Patronato (her and I have yet to decide if there is an equivalent, they are most like neighborhood associatations, but they are important, so I don't know if such a thing has ever existed at home, but I dont think so), and everything went great. They loved her group, and since they just got internet, they invited her group back to teach small internet classes. Which is super cool. The picture above is from the town of Alauca where she is working, and it makes me giggle, so thats why it is there. Chickens actually spend alot of time here crossing the road, but I've yet to ask one why. I'll let you know when I find out. Thats a picture of the great event. Alice was the one who wrote down all the information the Patronato gave them about thier organization. One of our training projects is to analyse a community based organization, and they got thiers done early. My group is supposed to do ours on Wednesday, and I can only hope it goes half as well.





Friday I gave my second Charla, and I have rarely had more fun in my entire life. I don't believe for one minute they actually learned what I wanted them too, but sometimes, you just have to live with knowing that you had a good time. One of our other projects is give business fundamentals charlas, and got to teach production, and to do as such, we made paper airplanes. First, I had 5 kids make whatever they could by themsleves, while 2 tested. Then I had a different group make it in an assembly line style. All that to demonstarte the difference between line and individual production. It was a huge mess. airplanes where everywhere. It was the awesome.


Friday afternoon the whole group helped start a tree nursery at a grade school, which was great fun. Kinda. I can only put so much dirt in bags before I lose interest, but the project was good, and I finally got out putting dirt in bags by rubbing the hard seeds over sandpaper, which I actually found more interesting. Some seeds need help breaking the shell, so thats why you do that. Here are a couple of random pictures of that.

And heres a cute picture of Alice doing Laundry.


And finally, A picture of me, looking like I was actually teaching kids, when what I was really doing, was having a whole lot of fun, of debatable educational value. The other American is the youth volunteer from that town.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your green shirt!

Unknown said...

i love the pictures! also the email on your living conditions was nice...i was kind of wondering about that myself.

Unknown said...

oh that is sooo not alice doing laundry! imposter! you had a stand-in pose for that.

powaqa said...

alright, it says coreleadership2007 but that's my work account. it's me. your other mother-in-law.

Saint Facetious said...

Al's ma would only have you think that!

And all that is teh awesome.