Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A little late.

www.pennytalk.com should have the phone cards I was talking about, I haven't used them before, but word is they have the best rates to call here. I could be way off, thats just what I was told. In the case they don't exsist, I am very sorry I lied. Either way, I am sorry I may have mislead some of you fine blog readers. I find it hard to believe the lowest out there to call me is 16 to 17 cents, since I can call home for about 10 cents (2 limpira). If thats the case, just send me money. I'll call you.

So I didn't update on Monday as I promised. I am sorry again. Appearantly other people saw the same future problem as I did, and they went before me, and I just wasn't willing to wait an hour get a computer. The good news is, my current site has an internet café, so you should all rejoice that my updates should continue to come out occasionally.

Volunteer visit in La Paz went great, and made me realize that I should doubt myself for a minute, I am doing what I was meant to at this point in my life. I am currently thinking in 2 languages, so if I use the wrong preposition, it is because one is improving and the other is getting worse. I am hoping that in a month I will talk like a 5th grader in both, and that would rock. Anyways, La Paz. It is nice, fairly big, fairly liberal, and the people really are working towards development, especially the government. This was my first real meeting with a mayor here, and he gave me a good first impression.

We are now in El Pariasio, or something spelled vaguely like that. It is also bigger than the original training site, and less accustomed to Americans. so things are seeming more like Honduras. I live with a very nice family, but I am learning I am not as good at things as I thought, but Santa Lucia did add a nice middle step to what would have a been a fair sized difference. We start out self directed projects on Thurday and I could not be more excited. My group is going to attempt what currently sounds like a huge task, and I will update everyone after I know better if it is going to work out. Everything else is just organizational or a lecture, which can make a huge difference, but they just don't bring me the same level of excitement over the long term.

I will try to elaborate more in the near future.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love ya, but on telecom rates you appear to be woefully misinformed. The PennyTalk website says the rate to call Honduran cell phone is 49 cents a minute, which makes 17 cents a minute look pretty good actually.

Saint Facetious said...

Heh heh, you and you're imagined telephone rates!