Sunday, August 19, 2007

A weekend to remember.



So friday's Charla was a learning experience, and I am glad it was part of Spanish clas, as my teacher very effectively made his point that I still need alot of work, but I can make it through if I try. I now see why it takes so long to become fluent in a language, as I have been working on Spanish on and off for a long time, and I still have so much that I just have on clue what is going on.




Friday afternoon we talked to the mayor for the first time, and all the great project ideas people said he wanted to do seemed to be about half true. He really didn't want to the Patronato, he had just been talking about it. Which I am sad to hear, since obviously I wanted to do it. More so, his real desire was to get a volunteer, not a group of trainees. I think since he had a volunteer in his community he just went under the idea we would work there like she does, not just a short time. Honestly I don't know what happened, thats just a guess, as he seemed quite suprised to hear we were only there a couple weeks. But all is not lost, we still have more work to do than we know how to tackle.



Last night we went out and celebrated Alice's birthday, which was a ton of fun. Añice had a great time, and everyone had made her a cute little card and got her some tasty deserts. We went to a café that has live music every Saturday, and the guy is realy very talented, and draws quite the crowd. We even go to stay out past our curfew to nearly 11:00pm! I admit, I was tired.



Alice told me I needed to start puttin up some pictures, so Heres a couple, as you can probably tell, things here are very pretty. She goes a couple times a week to one village while I go to another. He group is working on some pretty cool looking projects too, and she has high hopes things will go well.


Never fear friends and family, she does plan to let you all in on the fun, but we forgot her password, so when I have time I will have to get her all fixed up and she is ready to share the fun.


1 comment:

Saint Facetious said...

11:00pm! Dang! You guys are getting old! :-P